SB228 Links Page
Please note that all links that have to do with software useful for the class are on our Software Page
- Our choice for best all around search engine to find things on the web.
- Advanced Altavista Search
- The "near" function (ie Sykes NEAR Michael) can be very useful when finding words that should appear close to each other, but might not
always appear as an exact phrase, such as names which could be "Michael Sykes" or "Sykes, Michael".
- PubMed is a great resource for finding journal articles, which is especially nice since it ranks all journal articles by similarity and
will give you other articles which might interest you based on your selection.
- Stanford Electronic Journals
- An alphabetical list of all journals to which Stanford subscribes electronically. This can be a great place to download journal articles
in PDF form, instead of having to go to the library to photocopy them.
- Protein Data Bank
- Commonly referred to as "the PDB", this is the most
comprehensive database of three dimensional protein structures, and the
first place to go when looking for the structure of a protein. It also
contains nucleic acid structures and other biomolecules.
Problems? Questions about the Page or the Class? Contact us