List of Michael Levitt's Twenty
Best Papers (May 2004)
A paper Levitt considers to be one of his twenty best is marked [a+];
a paper he considers to be of his ten best is marked [a].
A paper that has been cited over 200 times is marked [**]; a paper cited
over 100 times is marked [*]. Updating this list is hard as one
has to delete papers that used to be best…
- [a+] Levitt, M. and A. Warshel. Computer Simulation
of Protein Folding. Nature 253, 694-698 (1975). [**]
- [a+] Warshel, A. and M. Levitt. Theoretical
Studies of Enzymic
Reactions: Dielectric, Electrostatic and Steric Stabilization of the Carbonium Ion in the
Reaction of Lysozyme. J. Mol. Biol. 103, 227-249 (1976). [**]
- [a+] Levitt,
M. A Simplified Representation of Protein Conformations for Rapid Simulation
of Protein Folding. J. Mol. Biol. 104, 59-107 (1976). [**]
- [a+] Levitt, M. and C. Chothia. Structural
Patterns in Globular Proteins. Nature 261, 552-558 (1976). [**]
- [a+] Levitt, M. Protein
Folding by Restrained Energy Minimization and Molecular Dynamics. J.
Mol. Biol. 170, 723-764 (1983). [*]
- [a+] Levitt, M. and R.
Sharon. Accurate Simulation of Protein Dynamics in Solution. Proc.
Natl. Acad. Sci. USA.
85, 7557-7561 (1988). [**]
- [a+] Levitt, M. Accurate Modelling of Protein Conformation by Automatic
Segment Matching. J. Mol. Biol. 226, 507-533 (1992). [*]
- [a+] Daggett, V. and M. Levitt. Protein Unfolding
Pathways Explored Through Molecular Dynamics Simulations. J. Mol. Biol.
232 600-618 (1993).
- [a+] Park,
B. and M. Levitt. Energy Functions that Discriminate X-ray and Near-Native
Folds from Well-Constructed Decoys. J. Mol. Biol., 258,
- [a+] Xia, Y and M. Levitt.
Roles of Mutation and Recombination in the Evolution of Protein
Thermodynamics. Proc Natl. Acad. Sci
U S A. 99: 10382-10387 (2002).
- [a] Levitt,
M. and S. Lifson. Refinement of Protein Conformations Using a
Macromolecular Energy Minimization Procedure. J. Mol. Biol. 46,
269-279 (1969). [**]
- [a] Levitt, M. Detailed Molecular
Model for Transfer Ribonucleic Acid. Nature 224, 759-763
- [a] Jack, A. and M. Levitt. Refinement of Large
Structures by Simultaneous Minimization of Energy and R Factor. Acta
931-935 (1978). [**]
- [a] Levitt, M. How Many Base-Pairs per Turn Does DNA
have in Solution and in Chromatin? Some Theoretical Calculations. Proc.
Nat. Acad. Sci. USA 75,
640-644 (1978). [**]
- [a] Levitt, M. Molecular Dynamics of Native Protein: I.
Computer Simulation of Trajectories. J. Mol. Biol. 168,
595-620 (1983). [**]
- [a] Levitt, M., C. Sander and P.S. Stern. Protein
Normal-Mode Dynamics: Trypsin Inhibitor, Crambin, Ribonuclease and Lysozyme. J.Mol.Biol. 181,
423-447 (1985). [**]
- [a] Levitt, M. and M.F. Perutz. Aromatic Rings Act as Hydrogen Bond
Acceptors. J. Mol. Biol. 201, 751-754 (1988). [**]
Hinds, D. A. and M. Levitt. Exploring Conformational Space with a
Simple Lattice Model for Protein Structure. J. Mol. Biol. 243,
- [a] Raschke, T.M., Tsai, J. and M. Levitt. Quantification of the Hydrophobic Interaction by Simulations
of the Aggregation of Small Hydrophobic Solutes in Water. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., 98,
5965-5660 (2001). ).]
- [a] Keasar, C. and M. Levitt. A Novel Approach
to Decoy Set Generation: Designing a Physical Energy Function Having Local
Minima with Native Structure Characteristics. J. Mol. Biol. 329,
Copyright Michael Levitt. (Updated May 2004)